Volunteers Needed in the Following Areas
- Thrift Store
- Help is needed at the Thrift Store. Call Alex (our Volunteer Coordinator) at 406-543-1912 and she'll put you to work!
- Jail Ministry
- There are opportunities to participate in weekly church services at the Missoula Detention Center on Mullan Road. A background check and attending an orientation meeting are required. Jail ministers do not have to be Bible school graduates or ordained ministers – as Christians, we are all ministers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you have a heart for the lost and broken, and know that God has the power to set captives free through the redemptive work of the cross, God can use you in jail ministry. If you are interested in conducting services at jail, please call Jan Henderson at 406-543-1912, or email her.
- Maintenance & Repair
- As with any home, Teen Challenge always has things that need to be fixed - from repairing furnishings, to remodeling, to equipment maintenance. You'd be amazed at the wear and tear that occurs with 10–15 people in one not-so-large home! If that's something you're gifted & find satisfaction in, call us at 406-543-1912.
- Student Helper
We need volunteers to take students:
- on passes
- to Dr. & Dental appointments
- clothes shopping
- grocery shopping
- out for exercise
- Are you gifted in administration? Are you a detail person? Do you have experience in fund-raising or sales? Whether you're a “people person” or someone who relishes behind the scenes details, there's always plenty of work to do in preparation for our banquets. One or more times a year Teen Challenge has a fund-raising banquet, and we could use help with posters, registration, set-up and more.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Alex Brown has joined our team to help recruit groups, businesses, and/or individuals who would be willing to help out in any way possible. You can reach Alex at 406-543-1912!
All volunteers who will be interacting with students need to:
- Contact the Montana Women's Outreach
- Fill out an application
- Complete a short training (Volunteers should be knowledgeable of the Teen Challenge Student Handbook & Staff Handbook
- Clear a background check