Tri-Cities Mens Center
We are extremely grateful to have been blessed with new flooring for our classroom & offices by Central United Protestant Church of Richland! Our Educational Coordinator, Javier, put some extra time and effort into installing and training our men throughout the process! What a difference!
Willamette Valley Mens Center
Recently the Mid-Valley Women of Christ Ministry chose Adult & Teen Challenge for a Community Outreach project. Their donations will go to the Willamette Valley Men’s Campus at Shedd, Oregon. We are thrilled to report that their donations included: many needed supplies, 33.5 bags of cans & bottles to redeem, and $2,587 to help with the men’s dorm renovation project! We praise God for this amazing ministry and their generous hearts to come alongside us in this way!
Tri-Cities Jail Outreach
We had 15 women in one of our bible study recovery groups recently. Guess what they wanted to discuss? “How can I forgive myself for how I have hurt my family?” We shared about God’s desire to forgive us when we ask Him and where He shows us how to forgive ourselves. New ideas for family reconciliation were discussed. More importantly, we talked about how to lead a consistent, healthy life in the strength of God’s Spirit by using powerful verses that bring inner change. There were tears and smiles all around as women chose to move forward into God’s love, forgiveness, and strength.
Central Oregon Mens Center
We recently helped cook, serve and clean up at the Bend Ministers Association dinner for local pastors. We are actively trying to integrate ourselves into the local church community here in Central Oregon. This greatly assists in opening doors into churches as well as a friendly reminder that our ministry is active here. The goal isn’t simply to survive, but thrive as a vessel for God to bring about a revival in Central Oregon.
Graham Womens Center
- 6 lucky ladies were chosen to go to Medical Lake to paint cabins. Medical Lake is where we host our annual all-ministry Spiritual Emphasis event!
- 1 Lady is on her way to Southern California TCMI, Teen Challenge’s internship leadership training program!
- Ending Holy Spirit teach at Faith Family Church in Milton, WA
- We are completing our 3rd family education group at the center! This group educates family members on how to partner with staff to best serve their daughters during recovery.
Eugene Womens Center
- Gabriel graduated on the 9th of March!
- All the ladies just Finished up the Accepting Yourself curriculum, a GSNC study guide.
- 2 Ladies had the opportunity to do a work project at Silver Lake.
Seattle Mens Center
- We have implemented a 5:30 am voluntary prayer meeting in the morning. For the last month, all the men have been up to participate! It is a great way to start the morning.
- Genesis students continue to benefit from the genesis process and are currently learning how to navigate double bind situations as Christians!
- We are Celebrating a completion service on 3/31/18.
- We have four carwash fundraisers for May-August. Stop by Kent Christian center for your wash!
Alaska Mens Center
Sled for eternity this year was a fun, small-scale event that we hosted here in Petersville Alaska. The day was filled with fun for the riders and the food at the end was delicious, we had a Cuban style pulled pork over Rice and beans as well as a nice soup to compliment. After dinner one of our Students and one of our Staff Members both gave testimonies. To spread the awareness of how Adult & Teen Challenge gave them the opportunity to find hope in Jesus Christ and become free from addiction.
Spokane Mens Center
- Kyle S and Avery J and Tristan D just completed an interview class with a mock interview with a professional businessman that volunteers.
- April 8th SPM students will be going river rafting with Peak 7. A non-profit group which uses the outdoors to connect people with God.
- The students served at the Toby Mac concert, Matt Maher concert, and WinterJam.
- They recently attended a Spokane Chiefs game.
- Our guys spend the first part of mealtime sharing (fire) verses that are encouraging them and they are living.
- Spokane Mens Center has a volunteer tutor who is assisting the men who barely speak English learn it and is helping students who are interested in getting their GED.
- 4 students completed this month!